As with all of us, major life changes have accompanied COVID-19. Our 17-month-old grandson moved to South Carolina with his parents in order to protect us (we are in our 70s). For over a year, we babysat him daily. Our family has respected our need to quarantine, however. My strategies for keeping mentally healthy currently are:
- 1. I thank God daily for our continued good health, and our caring family and frie1nds.
- 2. Each day, I call and text or email others to check on their well-being.
- 3. I've learned how to use Skype and Zoom to "see" my family and friends.
- 4. My line dance teachers are teaching live on Facebook, so I dance three times a week and take daily walks while listening to your podcasts.
- 5. My husband and I have great sex frequently, and I cook marvelous meals for us.
In essence, I've established a new routine which gives me purpose and I remain positive by noting the good things happening around me.