July 24, 2019What Makes Men Respect Women?
What's the difference between lovemaking and sex? Respect. Sex can happen with anybody at any time; lovemaking requires affection and respect.
Respect means "to consider worthy of high or special regard." Most men don't love what they don't respect. A man will have sex with a woman, but that doesn't mean he loves her. It just means she was available.
Too many women aren't finding love because they don't make men earn or respect them. Here's how to make a man respect you:
- Respect yourself. This is in no way, shape or form the same thing as "loving yourself." Respecting yourself means setting high standards for yourself and making choices that don't disrespect the life you want or who you want to be. For example, you earn no respect by having sex on the first date or shacking up.
- Act feminine. Men respect women who are feminine. That doesn't mean you can't be intelligent, hardworking or even a jock. It just means that you need to allow men to treat you like a lady (e.g. open the door for you, pull out your chair, walk on the outside of the street, pay for things, etc.). Men like to pursue and be the man in a relationship. There's a polarity of masculine and feminine, and the feminine brings the masculine out of men.
- Don't be a piece of meat. Believe it or not, as much as men want to get you on your back, you lose respect points when you give in too soon. Men need time to fall in love with you.
- Be honest and have integrity. A man can't respect you if he can't trust you. Don't lie or portray yourself in a way that gives the wrong impression.
- Don't underestimate the power of your words. Men are contemptuous when they feel criticized or disrespected, and therefore, will not give respect back. Always come from a place of kindness and love, and you'll get the same in return.
Posted by Staff at 10:45 AM
The bottom line is, if you want a man (not a boy or bum) to love you, he needs to respect you, and that's earned by having a set of values and living by them.