January 16, 2017Tips For Coping In Hard Times
I've had a horrendous few years brought about by family betrayal and my son's selection of a brutal wife. I suffered greatly emotionally, but I found several things that helped me through it that I'd like to share.
- My husband and I bolstered each other up and found great comfort in supporting each other through this tough time.
- By listening to you, I heard callers who were in similar situations, and it was important for me to understand that I wasn't the whack job in this situation.
- My blessed horse. Horses (if you aren't allergic or afraid) are among the most therapeutic animals in the world. By spending as much time as I could with him, he helped keep me sane when I thought I was losing it.
- I ramped up my yoga practice and found profound relaxation and better fitness.
- My friends helped hold me up, had my back and loved me, warts and all.
- Long hot baths. Bubbles were surprisingly helpful.
- Helping others. Amazingly, there is always someone worse off than you. You may feel like you've gotten a bad deal in life until you walk beside someone whose been dealt a worse deal.
Dr. Laura, you are an anchor in my life. Thank you for what you do. I know YOU know it's important, or you would have retired by now! Know that you are appreciated and loved.
Posted by Staff at 10:59 AM