October 22, 2010Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
by Cheryl Tallman,
1 quart water
1 Tbsp salt
2 cups pumpkin seeds
1 Tbsp vegetable oil or melted, unsalted butter (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. Pick through seeds and remove any cut seeds. Remove as much of the stringy fibers as possible.
3. Bring the water and salt to a boil. Add the seeds and boil for 10 minutes. Drain, spread on kitchen towel or paper towel and pat dry.
4. Place the seeds in a bowl and toss with oil or melted butter.
5. Spread evenly on a large cookie sheet or roasting pan (cover pan with aluminum foil for easy clean- up).
6. Place pan in a preheated oven and roast the seeds for 30 to 40 minutes. Stir about every 10 minutes, until crisp and golden brown.
7. Cool the seeds, then eat or pack in air-tight containers or zip closure bags and refrigerate until ready to eat.
About the author:
is the co-founder of Fresh Baby, creators of the award-winning So Easy Baby Food Kit, and author of the
So Easy Baby Food
and the new book
So Easy Toddler Food: Survival Tips and Simple Recipes for the Toddler Years
. Visit Cheryl online at
for more delicious tips. Permission granted for use on
Posted by Staff at 11:44 PM